Thursday, May 21, 2009

Two Quilt Tops



Another day, another 2 quilt tops made. I started on one this morning, but finished another. And second one this evening. I can finish the first one tomorrow. The challenge is to make complete tops out of leftover squares, and to make it look like it was meant to be that way.
Between making quilt tops, I volunteered at the thrift shop. My job is checking and putting out books, VHS tapes, DVD's, CD's and computer games. Well right now we have so many of all of those that I can't get another one on a shelf. I was hoping we'd sell a lot on Wednesday, but we didn't. But I did buy a few myself, one of Mensa mazes and a book of piano music.
Then I went home to sew. At 5:30 Chris picked me up at the gate to go to the PX to buy graduation gifts for Michele. I don't think she reads this blog, but just in case, I'll tell you later. One thing she wanted was Photoshop Elements 7, but they didn't have it.
She wasn't home when we got home, so hiding it was no problem. I was able to finish another quilt top while watching "Rigoletto". Such beautiful music! I had the CD and always wondered what the story was about. Now that I know, I really wish I had the CD back. The story and the acting don't do the music justice.

No comments: