Saturday, May 30, 2009

A full day



Although we did not get up early, we still had a full day. First we went to the National Museum of Korea. It is quite big and divided into sections. The section we saw was the anthropology display. It was full of irregularly shaped rocks, broken pots and rusty swords. I finished before the others so I sat down to read a book. When the others finished, we all decided to go to the food court for lunch and then we quickly toured the Chosun gift shop and the thrift shop. We stopped by Chris' office to pick up some packages that had been delivered yesterday afternoon. We took them home and since one of them is for Michele's birthday, I wrapped it (to be presented tomorrow). Some of the packages that came were already wrapped and not marked so I don't know if they are for Chris or Michele. I sat down to finish my book but all too soon we were leaving to go to Itaewon. We walked through the crowded street until we found the tailor that had been recommended. Both Chris and Michele got measured for suits (birthday presents from his parents). I thought it a wonderful idea (Michele's idea) until I heard the price - $400 each! I thought Korea was an inexpensive place to get a suit made! But they will both look fantastic in their custom fitted suits.
Then we walked around, looking in shops etc, until we came to a French restaurant called Le Saint-Ex. It wasn't the most lavish place, but the food was really good. And we shared some desserts. After that, we walked back to our car (parked on post) and came home. Cecily presented Chris with his birthday card from Faye (Thank you Faye). They are now watching Nemo. And I can finish my book.

2 comments:

Gwenda said...

All Chris and Michele have to do is not gain or loose any weight for many years to come. Those suits will last for years! (At least at that price, they better!)

Fern said...

That would be best. But I think Michele still has some filling out to do. Or maybe she's just blessed with being naturally thin, like no one else in her family.