Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Good news


Last night I slept in the computer room to get away from the sound of the TV upstairs. Chris of course slept right through it. At 5:45 I came back to bed 'cause it was broad daylight in the computer room. I told Chris to call and complain. Then he and Michele went to work and school. I made another batch of rolls, even though we haven't finished the last batch. I didn't like the last batch and wanted to see if I could do better. I did. While waiting for them to rise, I cut more charm squares and rehearsed what to say at the next quilt meeting and how to thank everybody. Why did I let them choose me for president? We are engaged in getting something for the outgoing president and few can agree on what that should be.
Anyway, after making rolls, I headed out to the thrift shop to see if they had any Corelle bowls, but they did not. However, I got caught in several conversations. MaryAnn explained the bookroom to me since I kinda indicated that I might be willing to take it over now that she is doing consignments. But by 2:30 I was ready to clean the next hooch. THIS time I am doing it over several days. I washed windows inside and out. Some need the screens removed so I can get to them, but they have to wait. At 5 Chris gave me a ride home since he works across the street from this hooch. We stopped on MP hill to take a picture of Seoul. He told me that he called to complain about the neighbors and he was told the people will be moving. We also talked about the predicament of trying to get something together for the outgoing president, then we got ready for Beverly's farewell supper. It was in Itaewon, so we walked, and walked. It was at an Indian restaurant which served us buffet style. Very good, though I couldn't tell you what any of it was. I am sorry to see her go. She is so sweet. After 8:30, we walked home in the dark. Chris and Michele went to bed, and I alone am left to tell the tale.

2 comments:

Gwenda said...

Glad they're moving, just hope the next neighbors aren't worse!

Fern said...

I have a feeling the next ones will be quieter.