Friday, July 24, 2009

Almost Dongdaemun



After making Chris' lunch I listened to my hypnosis CD for losing weight. Is it working? I hope so. Then I put on a new pair of shorts and decided that I needed at blue shirt to wear with it. Not having one, I pulled out some blue fabric to make one. But the phone rang. It was one of our new members wanting to go to Dongdaemun. But first I caught the bus to meet her at the South Post chapel. She is the new chaplains wife, so we were able to secure a new meeting place for the quilters and storage space, too. Hurrah! Someone gave her a huge bouquet of flowers so we walked back to her house to put them in water. On the way we ran into Toniette who told us that Mr. Kang was selling fabric in front of the Px. So Cathy and I went there instead of Dongdaemun. Then we shared a bulgogi lunch at the food court. We walked to the bus stop in front of the high school to catch the bus to Gate 19. I showed her the place where the painter sells his canvasses and the framers next door. I picked up Michele's picture. We ducked into several shops on the way back, including an office supply store. Back inside gate 19 we caught the next bus: she to her apt and me to my gate. I meant to wash my new fabric, but forgot. I read my e-mail, then raided the fridge. Chris came home late and we watched another James Bond movie. I also took a pic of one of the many noisy cicadas.

No comments: