Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Rain


Another rainy day and I missed the bus to the thrift shop again. I think it must come early on rainy days. I walked to the shop in the rain and the wind. Fortunately the rain was light at that point because the wind was so heavy I had to put my umbrella down. At the thrift shop there weren't as many books to put up as usual, so once I finished that, I spent some time committing a neatness in the book room. It needed it! Then Mary Ann bought a big box of chicken to feed us all for lunch. But being on a diet, I had brought roasted seaweed and dried squid. Yum, yum. Hey, the squid is so tough that eating it must burn more calories than it contains. Anyway, when we called it quits, MaryAnn drove each of us to our gates. The road to the commissary was blocked off and I declared that I had enough seaweed and squid to last me a week. The others said they weren't coming over to my house to eat. It was pouring rain when I got home. The playground rippled in the wind because it was submerged. Later when Chris got home, he brought Michele her first paycheck. See pic. Chris also found a leak on the porch that allowed rain to pour in. This is not a good thing during monsoon season.
I spent the evening finding a flight and buying a ticket to the U.S. I have been doing this for 4 nights. Finally I have looked at all the flights and found one that doesn't require an 18 hour layover in Japan or three stops, etc. I hate to think of what it cost, but its only money, right?

No comments: