Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A big surprise in the mail


When I opened my mail this morning I got a big surprise - probably over a hundred 3-inch charm squares from my quilting friends in N.C.! Wow! I had already shared some before I took this picture so there were more than you see here.
Afterwards I went to the post office to mail a package. I missed the bus and was afraid that branch would close early so I walked as quickly as I could. It was mighty hot and I was glad I brought a water bottle. Then I went over to the DHL to deposit a check. I wanted to catch the bus over to the PX, but it would have been a 15 minute wait. So I walked there, too. I was not feeling so well, but lingered in the store to cool off. I quickly found the construction paper, but took my time trying on every shoe in my size. Nothing fit. What will I do if or when my current shoes wear out? I bought some toe wraps instead, making my current sandals a little more comfortable. This time I had had enough walking in the heat and waited for the next bus. I got off at the commissary and bought some cans of red beets for making pickled eggs. Then I had to walk back to the apartment. I needed to cool off for awhile before cooking the eggs, so I checked my e-mail and followed links. When Chris came home he offered to cook the eggs for me. What a guy! After supper I made the brine and put in the eggs and beets to soak. I plan to have them Monday for lunch with the quilters. Then I took out the recyclables and stopped at the playground to go barefoot in the sand. Its supposed to be good for you. Then Michele and I watched "A flash of genius" from Netflix, based on a true story. It seemed depressing at one point, but ended well.

No comments: