Sunday, July 5, 2009

The fifth of July


Chris and I went to church this morning. There were few people there. During the passing of the peace we got tapped to collect the offering, which was the very next thing. I had never done it before but I just followed Chris. After church we had the usual treats: a large fruit platter, kimbap, and pickled radish. And a few that were unique to the day: sausage balls and a cake decorated like a flag.
The most exciting thing about church this morning was that I wore my red dress. That may not sound exciting to you, but two weeks ago I could not fit into it. Last week it was really tight, and this week it was just snug.
After church we stopped by the commissary for food and drove home. In the same place that we had seen the pretty furniture, I saw a fancy mirror. It seemed like the sort of thing the Stork's Nest will need to decorate their rooms, so I asked Chris to get it for me and he did. I spent the afternoon doing Sudoku puzzles, and rearranging shelving. After supper we watched a movie and I vaccuumed the livingroom and gathered materials for tomorrow. Here is the baby quilt I made a few days ago.

No comments: