Thursday, July 16, 2009

Hot and humid but sunny

This morning I played a Richard Simmons tape called "Tone and Sweat". He was using a stretchy band with handles, which I didn't have. So I might not have toned, but given the heat and humidity, I made up for it in sweat. I intended to go to the thrift shop on time, but started listening to an internet call-in pgm and it didn't end until 11. Then I walked to the thrift shop, not bothering to try to catch the bus. Donated books were few (this never happens) and many video tapes had been sold. So I took the time to arrange all the health and fitness tapes in one area and all of the childrens tapes in another. Hoopefully they will sell even better. At 6 for a dollar they are hardly worth any time at all, but if they sell off, we can use that space much better. I also threw out all the reel-to-reel tapes. Then I was going to go through the records, but it turns out that most of them are lazer discs, giant CD's. I wonder if anyone has those players anymore? Some one donated an expensive weightloss sysem. I bought the stretchy bands and the videos. I think it has something to do with hypnosis. The staff had just finished lunch when I got there at 11:30, so I ate my dried squid after we closed. I was eating it on the bus on the way to the sewing lesson when the lady sitting behind me opened her window. The driver stopped and walked back. She told him that it was better for her to open a window than to throw up inside. Well, I don't know what her problem was, but just in case, I closed my bag of odiferous squid. When I got off, I looked at the side of the bus, but didn't see any mess. The lesson took awhile because they had to finish their projects from the lesson before. Then they made pocket tissue covers and seemed pleased with the outcome.
After supper we watched Pride and Prejudice while folding the laundry.

No comments: