Friday, July 3, 2009

To each his own path



Today was a day off for Chris and Michele in celebration of the 4th. All the celebratory activities are tomorrow. They went to the bank, drew out like $6000, took it into Itaewon and exchanged it for won, then deposited it into the Yonsei University bank account at the local bank. I would have gone but I wasn't dressed when they left. So I did some reading and cleaning up. Oh, and I removed a skin tag that was bothering me. I tied thread around it, pulled it up and snipped it off. Michele says I should not post the picture. It looks like a brain with a stem on it. Hopefully that means I got the root and it will not grow back.
When they returned from paying tuition, I met Chris at the gate and we drove to gate 17. From there we walked to Yongsan Park. They have a barefoot path and I wanted to try it after reading about the health benefits of walking barefoot on the earth. Well, the path starts with a large stone foot marked with the massage areas. Then, the path continues with different kinds of rocky surfaces to walk on. Walking on them hurt my feet, but then I weigh more than the average Korean. So I did most of my barefoot walking in dirt paths.
We came home, then Chris and Michele went to see Transformers at the theatre. I stayed home and played my trombone.

No comments: