Thursday, July 9, 2009

Monsoon season


Monsoon season is here in full force. I walked in the heavy rain to the bus stop. The bus must have been early because I missed it. Before I walked to the thrift shop, I called ahead to make sure someone was there, and they were. So I started to walk. The water was deep and my feet were soaked. Still I was glad to see MaryAnn when she stopped to give me a ride. There weren't many books to put away because the recent donations were under a tarp outside. So I assigned myself the task of putting the CD's in categorical order. That was a lot harder to do with Cd's than with books. Most are not marked. At one point I considered two categories: Artists I have heard of , and Those I don't have a clue about. Eventually I settled for a few categories like Childrens, Classical, Seasonal, etc. and a big stack of "Who Knows?"
The lady who kids I teach came and picked me up so I didnt' have to walk in the rain to catch the bus. Her yard was flooded as you can see in the picture. Her kids made a card with a cutout lined with fabric and they sewed around the edges as well.
Since I didn't stop for lunch at the thrift shop, she warmed up a bowl of Portugese stew. It was very good. After the lesson she dropped me off at my gate and I walked to the apartment building. For some reason the door wouldn't open. I called the guard and it wouldn't open for him either. Finally a man called his wife to open it remotely (can be done from inside any apartment) and he pried it open at the same time. I was very glad to be let in as it is the only door to the building.
By then it had finished raining. After supper I went outside with the recyclables. I wanted to walk in the sand like yesterday, but being wet made it very rough. So I had to postpone that idea until tomorrow.

No comments: