Friday, July 10, 2009

Namedaemun


It was a normal morning until it was time to catch the bus. As I ran out of our building I realized that I had forgotten my fanny pack which contains my ID and key card for getting back in the building. Fortunately the cleaning lady was just inside the door and let me back in. I grabbed the elevator up to the 6th floor and rushed in to the apt. I rushed back out with the pack, down the elevator, and over to the post. But I missed the bus, so I had to walk to the DHL for a meeting. I knew I'd be late, but as it turns out, everyone else was late also. After our meeting, several of us decided to go to Namdaemun for lunch. We had a great time walking around, looking. Here is a pic of tree fungus (aka mushrooms). I bought some dried seaweed and dried squid. Then we ate at a small place in the alley. I ordered what looked like liver. But it didn't taste quite the same and it was full of holes. But it was good.
Afterwards, we walked and shopped some more. We looked in a building marked 'Imports'. See pic. I bought a pair of sandals to wear in water. On the way back to her car, we each bought fruit on a stick. I got the watermelon. MMMM. Toniette drove me to my gate and I walked home in my new sandals. I fell asleep listening to a mp3 of a call-in health show. When I woke up I was hungry so I ate some seaweed and squid. The seaweed comes in paper-thin rectangles. The squid was whole and flat (and hard to chew). Chris came home to make spaghetti, but I wasn't hungry. Later we went back to post to see Ice Age 3.
It was pretty good.

No comments: