Saturday, July 18, 2009

Wind and rain


Chris had a late teleconference last night and didn't get in until 1am. I was up reading thinking it wouldn't be that late. Then the howling wind kept me awake Anyway, we slept in this morning. Then we went to post to talk to the Arts and Craft Center people about the new longarm coming in next week. He wants the whole quilt group to come in for training along with his staff, but he is not promising that he will allow anyone other than staff to use it. This is a very new thing and there are many decisions to be made.
We also stopped by the commissary. I wanted some oranges but they were all soft, so I got grapefruit instead.
It rained again in the afternoon. I took a video of the wind blowing. We had to shut some windows. One of my lamps was blown over, but thankfully it didn't break.
AFter supper I decided to make a pair of shorts. After cutting out the pieces, I decided to make a matching shirt also. Instead of facing the neck and arm holes, I used a bias binding. I was so intent on pinning it flat that I hardly noticed when the pointy embroidery scissors fell on my foot. When I was finished pinning, I looked at my foot and saw a smear of blood. But that was nothing compared to the pool of blood under my foot. But it didn't hurt. And I found myself amazingly calm. The sight of my own blood usually freaks me out. Chris brought me some towels to wrap my foot and clean up the floor. The wound seems to be a very tiny dot. Who would imagine it could bleed so much?

No comments: