Wednesday, July 15, 2009

This-n-that


Ah, Wednesday, no place to go so I can sew! Sounds great, but it didn't happen. No, instead I spent my time reading, planning the next few sewing lessons and charting the fabric requirements, cutting charm squares from some scraps I bought at the thrift store, and entering a contest. In June a contest was announced on post. June 15th was the last day to register. Well, when Michele took her item to post, the place was closed. I tried looking up the announcement to see if it listed another place to register, but no. There just wasn't much info out there. Then yesterday I see a sign on the building saying JULY 15 is the last day to enter. So I thought about taking a quilt in. Luckily I called first because it turns out to be a web contest. All they want is a picture of the object. Well, a special password is needed, then a form to fill out. But it won't take my pic because it is over 2MB. The lady in charge offered to reduce it for me if I e-mailed it to her, but then she never got back to me. So after supper Chris was able to reduce it and I submitted it on-line, hopefully not too late in the day.
I also took out the recyclables, then spent some time sitting on the swing with my bare feet on the ground. It was a balmy night, and it felt good to just listen to the soft sounds of the city.