Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The passing of a saint

I got to sleep in this morning because Chris was going to lunch with some co-workers - so no sandwich needed. When I did awaken, I had breakfast, answered e-mail and prepared a piece of fabric gotten at the thrift store. Through e-mail I learned from my cousin that her mother passed away this week. I am sad that Aunt Barbara has passed away, but glad that her pain is ended. My prayers are with her family.
I got a call from the Arts and Crafts Center asking me to be present at a ceremony tomorrow. Since I cannot make it, they asked me to send someone in my stead. I chose Michele. I entered the contest last week, and I have won a certificate of some kind.
Then I met Cathi at the gate and we went to lunch. We had a great chat about the history of the quilting group, then went to the bank to get my name on the signature sheet for the group bank account. She also showed me where the new community center is. She dropped me off at Burke Towers. I dropped off a paper to be signed with the son of the person who needs to sign it. Then I walked to the thrift shop and bought a curtain rod. Afterwards I went to the ACS building to dicuss the impending renovation of the area we always meet in. Apparently no one told our contact about our space being taken for offices. Still on foot, I checked out the new community center, but it was locked. Then I walked home. On the way I got a call from Michele. She thought the ceremony was today and had gone to the Moyer Rec Center only to find out it is tomorrow. Sorry, Michele. She is a good daughter.
Chris came home to find us reading. He made sauerkraut and brauts for supper. Then we watched one of 17 James Bond movies purchased from the thrift shop. I kept reading and had to tear myself away to make this blog post.

No comments: