Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Training


Last night before I went to bed I cut pictures from magazines - pictures of slender women exercising. Hopefully they will be motivating me to get slender. So, this morning, I listened to my weight loss hypnosis CD. Then I read my e-mail. I found out that my father's cousin died on Saturday, the day my aunt was buried. Very sad.
Then I called the Arts and Crafts Center to find out about the training for our new Statler Stitcher. It was supposed to be today and tomorrow. But he said no, today was training for the staff and tomorrow was for the quilters. Well, since I will be on a plane tomorrow, I went today anyway. Toniette brought me two quilt tops since I thought they will need some to demonstate on. When I got there I found out that training is from 9 to 6. Yikes! I have to pack! But I stayed, and so did Cathy. And it was a good thing because they didn't have a real quilt, just some fabric. And the batting they bought was too dense and not wide enough. So when the staff took a break, Cathy and I seamed some batting together to make three full size batts. Then we loaded the machine with its first quilt makings. Not to complain, but earlier in the day, staff complained that the training was for them and we were asking too many quesions. But when it came time to pin and load the quilt top, they sat back and let us do it all. Then at the end of the day, they tell us that we are slowing down their training and that tomorrow we can see a demo, but then have to leave so they can finish their training. I think the training would be more beneficial to the quilt group members since the staff of the A-n-C Center don't even know how to sew, AND they are being trained in English which is not their first language. But I'm not bitter. No. Actually it was nice meeting Paul Statler, who came with his wife from the states to do the training. He designed the software that moves the machine, and the motors too. It is amazing.
By 6 we had only loaded the first top, then called it quits so it could be demo'd in the morning. I caught the bus home so I could pack. But we had just gotten a new movie from Netflix, so we watched Beatician and the Beast. Funny. But now I really must pack. It is 10 pm. And I have to be at the DHL to catch a bus at 6:30.

No comments: