Friday, July 17, 2009

Rain again


This morning Lency picked me up at my gate. We drove to Gate 19 where she lives. From there she, I and two of her kids caught the subway to Dongdaemun. I took her to see the Happy Quilt guy. She picked out some fabric to make two baby quilts. Her kids each picked out 3 fabrics to make their next projects with, and I got some for me (of course). The owner was so pleased he gave each of us some free fabric samples. On the way back it started to rain. She had brought an umbrella so we stayed relatively dry. By the time she dropped me at my gate, the rain had let up. I was inside before it started again.
I also got an e-mail from Col. Hall, the garrison commander inviting me to go for training on the garrison's new longarm machine. Yes! Hopefully it can be arranged before I leave for the states. The company reps won't stay long once they are here on the 27th.
Chris showed me the invitation he received to pick up his job in Texas. His current position is being eliminated. But he can stay until next fall like we were planning to. Then we'll see if Michele wants to stay here to continue college, etc.

No comments: