Sunday, July 19, 2009

Insadong

Although I didn't stay up so late last night, I still had a hard time getting up this morning. So we missed church. After breakfast I needed to get out. So Chris suggested a garden place circled on his map. We took the subway there, which involved lots of steps. I wasn't how much my foot could take, but only my legs complained. The place was near Insadong. We had a little trouble finding it because they had changed the name. It turns out to be a rectangular shopping area that spirals around a courtyard. You just keep walking up and around, passing shop after shop. I also took two videos, one of just walking down the street, and one of a man making the honey strings. This is not a typical Seoul street, btw. We tried to walk to several nearby palaces, but they were closed or not open for just walking around. Finally we stopped to eat at a sitdown restaurant. As in sit DOWN on the floor. I had the kimchi pot stew and Chris had the spicy beef stew. They brought the bowls to the table still boiling. (Shoulda ordered something cold). It was all good. Then they brought us some cups of cinnamon tea. That was good, too. Seemed to take the kimchi taste away. But then a few minutes later it came back with a vengeance. Whew! There was a subway entrance nearby which we took. We got home and told Michele what she missed but she wasn't impressed. Later I finished my shirt and made a pair of shorts to match. Michele says the outfit looks like pajamas.

No comments: