Monday, July 27, 2009

Moving Day



After making Chris' sandwich, I stayed up to get as much done as possible before the quilt group met. I had to plan today's sewing lesson for the kids. Then pack whatever might be needed for the group meeting. That included instructions with diagrams for making Stork's Nest quilts. So off I ran to catch the bus. But when I got outside I realized that I had forgotten my fanny pack (with ID and key card). So I had to run back, get that and REALLY run for the bus. I missed it by seconds. Ergo, I had to run to another bus stop and I just caught it there. But at least I didn't have to walk to the ACS building. I wouldn't have made it in time. Once there, I started pulling supplies out of the supply room, only to find that 3 of our ironing boards were missing. And later we discovered our two newest irons missing. Luckily we did find the irons. They had traveled up front to the lending area. I can only assume that the boards got lent out.
Anyway, we worked on Quilts of Valor. Then we broke for lunch. There were no desserts today so I could eat some of everything. Then we pulled out all our supples from the supply room and the kitchen closet. There was more stuff than I thought. As we left, I was informed that the ACS kitchen was NOT being made over into office space and that we could stay. Too late. We loaded three vans of stuff and took it to Tina's house. She stored some in her shed and some in her house. God bless Tina. Then Toniette gave me a ride to Gate 19. The kids were ready for another lesson. They just love to sew. We made pocket necklaces today. They thought it was so neat to have small pads of paper and pencil to hang from their necks. And they did a good job.
Back at home, I worked on another baby quilt top. Then I was overwhelmed with the idea of packing for my trip home. Sure, its not until Thursday, but I don't want to wait until the last minute to panic, I mean, pack. I decided to take a suitcase after all. I liked the idea of only having a carry-on, but it would be heavy and a suitcase will roll nicely. There was a pair of shorts that I wanted to pack, but I have no shirt to match. So I made one, or rather finished the one I started the other day. It's ok, but not what I had hoped it would be.

No comments: