Saturday, February 13, 2010

Is this a block?


I think it snowed overnight because there was more snow on the ground. I spent the morning on e-mail. I also packed up the 46 pillowcases in 2 grocery bags and put in two rulers. The quilt I made for April and Neal's baby got packed in a box and labeled. Then after lunch Sarah called to meet me at the 7-Eleven. I took the pillowcases and rulers to her there. Walking on the black ice was tricky. She offered to wash and bag them so they can be sent to the conkerrcancer address. She also bought two of the rulers I ordered for the group. I made the mistake of posting it on the list, and got more replies than I have rulers. So, since Joanns is running a sale, I will order more. Too bad it takes a month and half for the order to arrive. After that, I tried to come up with a blue and yellow block that reminds me of Korea. It is for the block exchange. Kimchi reminds me of Korea, but not in blue and yellow. Frankly I think of the cement wall with barbed wire on top, but it doesn't look right in blue and yellow either. So, my idea (for right now) is to sew strips of fabric together like bolts of fabric in Dongdaemun. See pic. But is this a real block? Will it go with all the others? At least it is simple and quick. Then again, as a woman, I have the right to change my mind (and make it more complicated).

No comments: