Monday, February 22, 2010

A quilt for Faithlift


I got up with Chris to make his sandwich, then went into the computer room to experience my latest Neuroprogrammer session. It put me to sleep and when I awoke, it was 8:30. I quickly showered and breakfasted, collected my stuff for our weekly quilt meeting and rushed over to post. Pam drove up as I showed my ID to the guard. Perfect timing. She drove us to the SPC, where Cathy S was waiting. We set up for sewing friendship blocks. When a fair number of ladies had arrived, Cathy spoke to the group about the Sungshin U people coming on Friday. We put together a list of foods for a carry-in meal, and an itinerary. Then Poncie spoke to the group about logging their volunteer hours. Finally I got to demonstrate how to make the blocks. While several ladies worked on that, I grabbed a piece of orange fabric from the closet to make a backing for the animal quilt top. Hannah saw it and told me she'd bought some and it washed very badly. So I decided to take it home and wash it before using it. It was so starched it had a plasticy feel to it. We took a break for lunch, then Toniette and I tried to find appropriate backings for several other QOV tops as well. The others packed up and left while we were doing that. Then she gave me a ride to my gate. I walked home slowly, enjoying the 50+ temperature. Back at the apartment, I had some real food and got on my computer. There were three new audios to listen to and I heard them all. Chris made twice baked potatoes for supper and put on another Hornblower movie. I watched the movie, then went back to my computer, only to find out that my Yahoo server is down again. So I sat on the couch to read a book called "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown. When I started to get a headache, I posted to my blog and went to bed.

No comments: