Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ready for tomorrow


Although Chris set the alarm at my request, we still got up late. I was up so late last night that I had trouble getting up this morning. We walked into church 5 minutes late, but at least we were there. During the passing of the peace we were asked to collect the offering. While I was passing the plate, a part of me wanted to say 'Thank You' as people put money in the plate. But another part said 'Stop that, that's not how its done.' Interesting. Anyway, after church they served fruit and baked goods. I only had the fruit of course. Chris spent a long time talking to Rick so I hung out with Nancy. We learned that Korea now has a 50% divorce rate. Gee, did they get that from us? When we left the church we went to the commissary to buy fruit, veggies, cilantro, and bulgogi meat. You know, from wild bulgogi's. Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha! Actually it is a way of cutting beef.
At the apt, we put our groceries away. Chris fixed another large pot of bean and ham soup using a bag of beans that we started soaking yesterday. He and Michele spent the afternoon on their laptops, watching Hornblower movies on TV and doing loads of laundry. I cleared e-mail and did some cleaning. (Artificial trees drop needles, too). As the daylight waned, I got very anxious, like I couldn't face the dark. I know I see better, think better and feel better during daytime, but this was the first time I felt so strongly about it. I was literally in tears and poor Chris didn't know what to do. I have to wonder about my mental health. So I sat in his lap for awhile, then went into my sewing room (hey, cures everything) and got samples ready for the project tomorrow - making friendship blocks.

No comments: