Saturday, February 6, 2010

Monkeys and Bananas


I didn't go to bed last night. Instead, I slept in the computer room. Not only did it allow me to listen to a neuroprogrammer session, but the daylight coming in the window woke me in time to shower, dress and eat and be at the ArtsNCrafts center by 9. Thankfully traffic was light and I got there a little early. Beth Anne arrived a little later and we headed up to the longarm to finish her quilt. For some reason the computer thought she had three rows left when she only had two rows. When we got down to the last row, we had to call Cathy to come straighten it out, and she did. Then Annette came over and we put her quilt in. Cathy had to leave so it was up to Annette and I to handle whatever came up. And we did. At least until we discovered that the backing was 2 inches shorter than the top. It was very frustrating. She was so looking forward to having her monkey and banana quilt finished. But we had to leave in on the machine until tomorrow. Hopefully she will have time to sew on another piece, then we can finish it.
When I got home, I got on my computer. I learned about the dangers of electromagnetic waves from cell phones. I also learned not to type "Stack and Whack" into the search engine of Youtube. 95% of the hits have NOTHING to do with quilting. Do not try it if you are easily offended.
Chris helped me run antivirus software to clear up the problems I had been having with my computer. Four viruses were found. Now that they are gone, my computer is working faster and just feels cleaner.
When I got tired of being on the computer, I went into my sewing room to work on baby quilt tops. I completed two, standing up, because in order to have room on my cutting table, I had to dump the fabric in my chair. Maybe I have too much? Never!
I wrote recently about burning a CD on my computer. Well, later when listening to it, a mysterious clicking appeared. It sounds like a spider dancing on toothpicks inside my head. Oddly, I do not find this sound comforting and it does not help me meditate. I hope it just means the disc was defective. I shall have to try again.

No comments: