Friday, February 26, 2010

Sungshin folks come to Yongsan

When I got up, I took the new loaf of bread out of the machine, cut off two slices, and made Chris' sandwich. I treated myself to a Mozart session, deciding to make a new one with a longer track. I checked e-mail before having breakfast and discovered that Cathy was sick and needed my help. So I called her and agreed to meet her at 9:15 and to bring bread (which she was going to bring). I breakfasted and showered, then cut up my new loaf into half slices. I walked over to post, and drove the car to the AnC center to help Cathy take one quilt off and load another for demonstration purposes. While loading, we discovered flyers from the AnC center offering 2 hour edge-to-edge training sessions on the longarm for $50. I was floored because they had been so vocal about restricting use of the machine because if it broke, they couldn't fix it. Now anyone can sign up for lessons and use it on Sundays when there is no supervision? I don't get it.
Anyway, we had barely got the quilt loaded and basted when the Sungshin group showed up. Cathy was feeling better and she did a wonderful demo. Our visitors seemed impressed. Then the garrison people took them for a tour of the base. I quickly drove over to SPC to drop off the bread and see about setting up. But it was beautifully set up. Toniette asked about the group scrapbook and I had forgotten it. So I called Michele and she brought it to the gate. I drove as quickly over there as I could but traffic was slow. So I took a different route back. Luckily I did make it before the visitors showed up. We had to entertain them for half an hour until Col. Hall showed up. We explained QOV and Stork's Nest quilts. We showed them our personal quilts too. Col. Hall came then and spoke the requisite pleasantries. He handed each of them a coin (special thing). We sang "Happy Birthday" to him, and then he had to go to a party. But he came back to give us quilters each a special coin too. We treated our visitors to a carry-in lunch. We had gifts for them and they had gifts for us. They gave us a pen that is also a highlighter, Korean rice treats, and ties. After they left, we cleaned up and went home. I put the bread and bean salad in the fridge, then got some real food to fill up on. I cleared e-mail and laid down for awhile. I tried to read some more of the brain book, but kept thinking of e-mails I needed to send. Chris came home and fixed leftovers. We ate supper and watched a Hornblower movie and "The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill" from Netflix. Those birds were SO cute! Then I listened to a few more audios. Some very interesting ones are under Philosopher's Notes on youtube. He gives a 10 minute synopsis of a self-help book in each one.

No comments: