Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Why I went to the luncheon


Chris got up early to go to another military base here in Korea. So I got up too, made him a sandwich, then laid down in the computer room to listen to a theta brainwave session. When I got up, I forgot to exercise and had breakfast. I cleared out e-mail, and showered/dressed for the luncheon. The AFSC luncheon. The one none of us wanted to go to since it was being held at the Chosun specifically for the purpose of selling us stuff. None of the outside vendors (like the fabric man) were invited. They served us a box lunch for our usual monthly $18 fee. The only reason I went was because Mary Ann begged me to, because she had to be there. Now we know the price of friendship. $18. But as it turned out, I was glad I went. I was one of the ones chosen to get a $10 gift certificate. And I found some handmade Thai soaps for $2.50. I got six. I looked at the silk tops but they were pretty small. Then MaryAnn found me and we got our gourmet box lunches and found a seat. She had to sit on the floor. Mine had a roastbeef sub. It was 90% bread. I ate the beef and onions out of it with a fork. There was a container of waldorf salad. I tried wiping the sauce off in order to eat the fruit. I ate a few bites of the pasta salad. The gourmet part was the pair of chocolates in a cute transparent box. I took them along with everything else I didn't eat home for Michele and Chris.
After lunch there was a demonstration of poofing fabric on a curtain rod. Then MaryAnn and I sat in her car in the rain and talked, and laughed ourselves silly. We thought about going into the thrift shop to help out, but decided to just go home. The 40 degree weather was like a heatwave, but the rain was not a welcome sight. I was a little soggy when I got home. Michele ate half of a chocolate, and finished off the bread and the pasta salad. I ate some leftover soup from Sunday. I wanted to work on my QOV, but I need solid black and don't have it. Cathy and I are supposed to go to Dongdaemun tomorrow. I didn't do any sewing today, but I did copy a CD to my computer (once I found out that RIP means 'to copy'), and I burnt another CD from some mediation downloads I had already stored. (Lets hope the infernal clicking is not on there.) I want to use the file I downloaded, but have to figure out how to take the first two minutes off because they are just instructions, not affirmations. Chris wasn't hungry when he got home because they had gone to lunch. So Michele and I had soup for suppper. Chris still has his sandwich, so I don't have to make another tomorrow. But I did make another loaf of bread since that was the last of it.

No comments: