Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A new addition to the family


I got up early to get Chris' sandwich only to discover that I had put it in his backpack already instead of in the fridge. So I went to have another Neuro session, this time with Mozart! I still did not want to get up. I tried some exercise to get the blood racing, but still felt like going back to bed. Then I had breakfast, which helped. I went through the night's e-mail. I cleared everything off of the table so I could wash the tablecloth. (There was a LOT on the table). I washed some other fabrics, too. While waiting for them to wash and dry, I listened to some more interviews with self-help experts. Michele went to post to meet Chris and they got money from the bank, walked in to Itaewon to exchange it for won, then went to a Korean bank to deposit it in an account for the university. On the way back they stopped for lunch (but didn't bring me anything).
I got a call from MaryAnn at the thrift shop. Someone had donated a sewing machine that didn't work, so she was to give it to charity and wanted me to come get it. I guess I am her favorite charity. So after I got the fabrics out of the dryer and ironed some of them, and re-dressed the table, I had some leftover soup. Then I headed to post where my car was sitting. I was hoping that since it was such a nice day, the car would start. But no, it needed a jump. So I called Chris, but he was busy, and I called a friend, but her car was incompatible. Just then a nice young man drove up and I asked him for a jump. He did, and then I drove around post for a while to pump up my battery. In doing so I drove by Chris' office and toyed with the idea of switching cars, leaving him the car with the bad battery. (MaryAnn said she would have.) I ended up at the thrift shop. She showed me the machine and I put it in my car. Since there were books piled up, I decided to stay for awhile and shelve. But that didn't take very long. I did a little shelve-reading, and straightening up. I helped AnneMarie prepare clothes to be priced. At 5 I checked my car to make sure it would start. Then called Chris to have him come pick up the machine. Hey, if he carries it home, he will take it up to the apt for me whereas I would have to walk it over the bridge from where I park my car. And God bless him, he did. I must mention that MaryAnn asked me why I didn't come yesterday. I told her that I had gone to bed with a headache and woken up with a headache so I stayed home. She told me I should have kicked him out of bed. Ha, ha. It was funny but not nice to Chris. Well, when he came by, she told it to HIM. I am glad my husband has a sense of humor. I worked until 6, then went home, parking on post by the gate. When I got home, Chris and Michele were watching a movie on TV. They werent' hungry so I had to make my OWN supper. (You can write messages of sympathy in the comment section). I made a BIG salad, enough for the rest of the week. I ate salad, an avocado, and some frozen cherries. We got some books in the mail and I started reading the first one: "Making a Good Brain Great". I only got through the first chapter though. Then it was time to take one last dash through the e-mail and post to my blog.

No comments: