Thursday, February 18, 2010

Long night, full day


I did not get up with Chris this morning. I had a hard time sleeping last night due to congestion. It is hard to overrate the importance of breathing. My parents got me addicted to it when I was very young. So Chris made his own sandwich.
Later I got up to do a theta session and check e-mail. Then I left for the thrift shop. I tried to take the car, but it wouldn't start. SO I called Chris, but he didn't answer. Then I called Mary Ann, but the phone died. When I saw the bus go by, I grabbed my stuff (more cleaners and such) and raced to the bus stop. In the process I locked my keys in the car and dropped my glove. I was able to catch the bus. At the thrift shop I did the usual things. Mary Ann came in to consign some items, then she drove me to the ACS building to fix Ralu as our POC. But it isn't that easy. I have to have her e-mail Regenia who will e-mail back an invitation, etc. Then Mary Ann and I went to my house where we joked around some more until Chris got home. He entertained her with stories until I finished gathering materials for class. She and I left together. She went to pick up her husband and I went to the SPC. I started setting up for class. By 6:25 no one had arrived and I was worried. Then everyone but the lady who was supposed to teach arrived. I called Chris to get her number, and she walked in while I was calling it. She had been told class starts at 7. She was very professional, and well prepared. Paper-piecing is confusing and only one person was able to finish the kimono block. I had grabbed a bag of fabrics to use, but they were not what the teacher wanted. So I pulled out my personal selections and put them on the table for the class to use. It was tough to part with because some of it was from Tokyo. Anyway, the class went well, and she agreed to come back next week to help everyone finish. I brought most of the rulers from the last Jo-anns order and sold them all. Later, at home, I had more e-mail to sort through. I also made a loaf of bread so there will be some for tomorrow morning. Here is a picture of a quilt one of the students made after taking a previous class. I am so proud of her.

No comments: