Thursday, February 25, 2010

Working in the dark


I got up early to make the sandwich, then went into the computer room for another Mozart session. But this one wasn't as good, because the track was short, so it kept cycling over and over for 50 minutes. I was quite tired of it by the end. But then I slept pretty well, until after 10. I went through my usual routine, and didn't get to the thrift shop until 12:30. I didn't mind being late because there would be more books to shelve. But there were very few, so Ella put me on cleaning detail. We were getting new shelving and it needed to be cleaned. Then the power went out. But we stayed and cleaned and put up shelves, and arranged shoes on them. Around 3:30 we packed up. I bought a book and 3 glass bowls (so I would have one for bean salad tomorrow). I dropped Ella's son off at the commissary, and parked at my gate. It is nice to have a car that runs. At home, I got on my computer to clear out e-mail and follow links. Then Chris came home. While he started supper I washed and packed one of the bowls, along with a can opener and two cans of bean salad. I grabbed all my stuff, and headed out for Chris's car. I took it to the SPC. In the kitchen I opened the cans, poured the contents into the bowl and covered it with plastic wrap. I put it in the fridge for tomorrow. Then I started setting up for class. Toniette came and helped, even though she couldn't stay. She made 10 red, white and blue rail fence blocks and quilted them. Several ladies came to class just to finish them off with binding. Cathy bought white mugs and chocolate and wove bookmarks. Deb brought wrapping plastic and ribbon. We made these items into little thank-you gifts for tomorrow. Melanie taught paper-piecing again. This time she was well-supplied with projects in progress to show each and every step. I think more people finished this time and took extra copies home to do another one. Everyone helped to clean up. I drove home and parked in my favorite spot. But it was so tight that I couldn't get out of the car. So I had to park somewhere else. I am really proud of myself for being able to back into such a tight space. Then I went to the apt to have supper. Bulgogi meat with crushed tomatoes and garlic. Mmmmm. I had more e-mails to clear. Some involve listening to interviews. There are 4 a day this week, and it is just too much to hear them all. One link taught me that wooden buildings are safest in an earthquake. If you are in bed, just roll off. There is usually a safe zone around the bed. Finally I went to make Chris' PBnJ but the bread was too short so I started another loaf.

No comments: