Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My moment of possible fame


Chris didn't need a sandwich this morning. He took two bags of rolls for the luncheon instead. When I got up a little later, I saw Michele dressed in every green item she has. Well, of course it is St. Patrick's Day. Silly me had to say something about having shamrock fabric, and I found myself making her another vest in time for her to get to class. After she left, I cleared out some e-mail, and did a little reading. After 2 I got an e-mail from Chris that the forecast is for several inches of snow. Will winter ever end? This is not normal for this area. I was going to walk to the DHL to post a check and he came to give me a ride. Then he took me by the place where a man is doing interviews on what people think of IMCOM (Installation Management Command). I know nothing, but he said I could plug the quilt group, so I went. When we got there, I was given a sheet of questions that would be a test-takers nightmare. But then was told to pick the one or two I would like to be asked. So I picked "What program are you most excited about?" I let others go ahead of me since they were on the clock. But soon it was my turn. I had to sit under the lights, and state my name, etc. Then I answered the question. But he didn't like that the people in line weren't quiet. And he wanted me to pitch it differently. So we did it again. But this time he said I kept looking off camera. I had to do it a third time, and it got shorter and less informative each time. But I did have visual aids (quilt blocks) that no one else had. Whether any of it will make the cut, I don't know. The pic is of someone else sitting where I sat.
Then I walked to Annette's house to take her some rolls (she just had parathyroid surgery). She showed me her quilts in progress. I showed her one of mine. Then I called Chris for a ride home, but he had gone home early. So I had to walk home through a few snow flurries. I had a headache and I went into self-hypnosis to get rid of it. It did help. Then I discovered that I had gotten a box of nuts in the mail - Brazil nuts, a good source of selenium. I ate two and put the rest away. Feeling much better, I got back on the computer. We eventually had supper and watched a movie. I sure hope tomorrows activities are not canceled for snow.

No comments: