Thursday, March 25, 2010

Focus


After making his sandwich, I went back to bed. When I got up, Michele had already left for college. (It's nice to have a grown-up child.) I did e-mail and traced some templates for my dahlia quilt. Then I walked to the thrift shop. There were only 4 books to shelve, but they found a few other things for me to do. 2 hours later, it was rainy and people were talking about snow, so I called Chris for a ride back, which he agreed to. I cleared out some more e-mail and cut out the quilt pieces I had drawn this morning. I went through a bag of donated fabric and pulled out those pieces that were large enough for the class project. I made sure I had extra thread for topstitching and a sample. Then I cut more quilt pieces. Chris came home and we talked for a bit, then it was time to grab my stuff and head out. It was about 6 when I got to the SPC. I grabbed tables from the rooms across the hall. I hated to take their tables but couldn't find any others. Then I pulled tools and machines out of the storage closet. People started showing up then and helping. A lot of people came, including several kids and a husband. I showed them how to make a basic tote bag. We all had a great time, and many finished the project. Unfortunately, my camera decided focusing was too strenuous. I have a feeling that another piece must have fallen off of the front. Anyway, it was a fruitful evening. Several ladies decided to be creative and change the project (of course wanting me to explain how to implement their ideas). AFterwards, I drove home, to find more e-mails in my inbox. But I have a few forms to fill out that are due tomorrow at noon, so I can't spend all night following links (or writing this blog post). The blog police did notify me of an error in yesterday's post. I will have to correct it.

No comments: