Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Hot and naked


Now that I have your attention, let me explain. I called Julia to see if she wanted to do anything today. Tuesday is her day off and I have my hours in at the thrift shop for the month of March, so I could skip a day. She had planned to try a spa she discovered near her apt. That sounded good to me, so I got on the city bus website, found that I could take a bus to Seocho subway station, and then ride the green line to Julia's apt. The great thing about riding the bus was that the stop I wanted was right after a sharp left turn, so I would be able to identify it even though I can't read any of the signs. And it was faster than taking the subway from here and changing lines twice. So that's what I did. I also packed a bathing suit, but it turned out that they don't allow them. Julia took me to the spa which was 7000 won for as long as we wanted to stay. There were three heated circular pools, ranging from 104 to 113 degrees. I discovered that the rectangular unlabeled pool in the back was ice cold. They also had a steam room and a sauna. It was labeled at 97 degrees Celcius, which is almost the boiling point of water. Yes, I was a little self-concious in a place where no one was wearing clothes. But not as badly as I feared. There was a heated mud hut, pyramidal, with a TV. We sat inside for awhile, but all that sitting on the floor got to me and I had to go find a bench. We talked for hours, then had another dip in the pools, showered, and left. I don't have any pictures of it for obvious reasons. We walked through a market where I was able to buy organic sunflower seeds and Julia took pictures and footage of his nuts, I mean his cart full of nuts and seeds. We wound our way to the front where we stopped to have kimbap and ramyen for supper. Then I got back on the subway to retrace my route. Well, it took longer to ride the bus at 6 than it did at 10:30. Maybe the subway would have been faster at that time of day. Anyway, Chris and Michele were home, having had supper. So we relaxed for a bit, watched a DVD and then I was tired and laid down for awhile. I also fell asleep and didn't post to my blog.

No comments: