Friday, March 5, 2010

Panic


I thought I had somewhere to go today, but that fell through. So I made the sandwich, listened to a Neuro session and had breakfast. I worked through some e-mail, then decided that today I would catch up on my sewing and be behind on e-mail. I cut squares from strip sets for QOV, I made a baby quilt top from leftover blocks, and I cut bunches of charm squares. The charm squares I bought yesterday are 8cm blocks, which is just over 3 inches. So I have to cut them all down just a bit. Well, my ring finger happened to be over the edge once, and I sliced right into it, cutting off the nail. Yikes! Instant anxiety attack. But I calmed myself down, put a mug of ice water on my head and stuck my finger in it to stop the bleeding. Then I stuck a bandaid on it, which was tough with one hand. It didn't stop me from sewing but typing is another story. Later as I was watching a video from the thrift shop, the door alarm rang. It rings through the security panel. Well, I figured I was supposed to push one of the buttons, so I did. That set off the panic alarm. I opened the door to find the lady that checks the gas meter. After she left, the alarm was still ringing, and from all over the apartment. I couldn't stop it so I called Chris. I could barely hear him over the sound of the alarm. Since it was shouting at me in Korean, he put one of his coworkers on. Apparently it was shouting "This is real" over and over. But then the guard showed up, so I hung up the phone and he showed me a hidden panel where you can turn the alarm off. Whew! I finished the video and went back into my sewing room. When my finger stopped throbbing, I cut charm squares from dongdaemun fabric to trade with the group. Chris came home then and fixed the bison for supper, with brown rice and broccoli. Michele did not come home. At least, not 'till WAAAY after supper. I was getting worried. Then I worked on another baby quilt top using recently purchased duck and stripe fabric. If the ladies like it on Monday, maybe we can buy all he has for the Stork's Nest.
Here is a pic from the quilt show yesterday.

No comments: