Sunday, March 14, 2010

Would you give these people money?


We got up early to get ready for church but somehow were late anyway. During the passing of the peace, a man said we looked so good, would we pass the offering plates? I replied, "Oh, you think they will give more?" So we walked to the back to get the bread and wine, carried it to the altar, then waited for the plates. But he didn't have them. We had to hightail it to a room in the back and search three closets before we found them. By the time we got back to the front the offertory was over. We collected in silence. I will make sure next week that my dress does not match Chris' tie. Maybe they will pick someone else.
After church we went to the PX to get a colander and a salad spinner. But they have remodeled and apparently such things didn't make the cut. So we went to the commissary. Guess what? They didn't carry them either. We just bought groceries and came home. I checked e-mail on my computer for awhile, but wanted to draft an 11.5 inch block into a 14 inch block for a demo tomorrow, and cut a stack of 10 14- inch squares of fabric to show just how to do this project. I ended up cutting 2 stacks since a QOV will take 20 such blocks. Then I took a computer break. Chris made chicken and beans for supper. After supper I tried to crisp kale again. I thought if I cut it into little pieces and put it in the air popper, it would crisp. But the pieces were too light and flew out. So I cut larger pieces. But when they dried a little, they flew out too, not to mention that the cord over heated. So I tried my hairdryer. But all it did was wilt the kale. Finally I stuck a whole sprig into the oven and put it on the Celcius equivalent of 350. I left it in there for 20 minutes. It was crispy all right. Having concluded today's science experiment, I worked on the blue dress that I had started a week ago. I was reminded again of why I don't work with jaquard. Grrr. Then it was time to blog.

No comments: