Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Giant Dahlia in progress


Chris got up a little later than usual - not to go to work, but to talk to the voices (and they say I'm crazy). I was invited to play too, but had to get stuff done. I finished cutting pieces for my dahlia quilt - well, the main part anyway. Then, because Chris was finished (game over) I asked him to drive me to the thrift shop, which he did. I worked for over 2 hours, then he came back to get me. We went to the parking lot where my car has been sitting for over a month. While I steered, he pushed it out of it's space, and backed it in. He only had help at the very end. Then he jumped it, which took about 4 tries and waiting time to charge. Then he went home while I drove around post for 30 minutes to finish charging the battery. Then I went home, too. I ate lunch and cleared out e-mail, and had a Neuro session. When Michele got home, we had supper, together, at the table. :) When they retired to their computers, I whisked away to my sewing room to assemble 16 curved rows of dahlia petals. But now I don't like the center fabric, so I will have to pick another one. I started this quilt because I really needed something totally new, and a challenge. I think it will go over well with the quilt group at show-and-tell.

No comments: