Thursday, March 11, 2010

Cool day


It was in the 40's today so a lot of the snow melted. But at 10:30 when I crossed the pedestrian bridge, the steps were caked with ice. I had to move slowly and hold tightly to the handrail. I tried to take the car to the thrift shop, but it wouldn't start. So I walked. When I got there, they were scrubbing sets of shelves that they had gotten from the PX (which had thrown them out). I shelved the book waiting for me and made it take long enough that I didn't have to scrub any shelves. Toxic fumes. But despite all my delaying tactics, I could only justify being there for two hours. So I left, and went to the shopette for peanutbutter. I walked back to the gate, and then home. I had some lunch and got on the computer. I listened to a Neuro session and fell asleep, which was ok because I would be rested for class tonight. I was back on the computer when Chris came home. When it was time to leave, I gathered everything from the THURSDAY box and walked over the bridge to Chris' car. I drove to the SPC and started setting up. Cathy arrived soon after. She agreed to teach a class on fusible applique. As we set up, more people arrived. Cathi had donated fusible web, so we had a great class. I also sold 5 of Toniette's cone thread holders for her. I was able to show off the quilt top from yesterday and ask if anyone wanted to have it as a class. And yes, they do.
AFterwards we cleaned up and went home. Finally I had with me the fabric that I bought on Tuesday! I had been wanting to bring in home since the moment I bought it, but couldn't without a car to carry it home in. Only 44 yards. Do you think I bought too much? Anyway, it's back to clearing out e-mails. I can't wait until tomorrow when I get to wash it, iron it and file it by color.

No comments: