Sunday, March 7, 2010

I mean business


Last night I set my intention to wake at 8am. I woke up at 8:05. Pretty good for my first try. We went to church, and had snacks afterwards. I was glad to see the lady who makes kimbap was back (bringing kimbap). On the way to the commissary we stopped by the AnC center to see if the longarm was free for the afternoon, and it was. So we stocked up on groceries, took them home and put them away. I changed clothes and ate two pickled eggs and an apple. Toniette met me at the longarm. But it seems someone else had the same idea - namely that the longarm would be free. She wanted to baste her quilt using the longarm. But she was willing to baste it by hand on one of the big tables while we loaded Toniette's quilt. I pricked a finger while pinning it on, and got blood on the leaders. So Toniette found a scrap of batting and some tape and bound my bloody finger. When we'd got it loaded and basted, Cathy dropped by to use the longarm, too. I guess everyone thinks no one else will come on a Sunday afternoon. Three hours later, we were finished and Toniette went home. I stayed to lay out some fabric for a dress. The pattern I picked would not fit, no matter how I laid it out, so I picked another one (good thing I brought several). Working with jaquard will test anyone's patience, but at least this one had a print that one could follow to keep it kinda straight. When I got the pattern cut out, I packed up and went home. Chris made chicken, and chorizo, and rice and broccoli for supper. We watched Legend while we ate. Then I got on my computer. There were lots of free MP3's and pdf's to download, but when will I get the time to listen to and read them all? I took a break to clean up in the kitchen, make a sandwich, and cut up some cheese for tomorrow's meeting. I also spent some time stuffing batting scraps into boxes to make more room on my shelves, and putting stuff in a pile so I don't forget it tomorrow morning.
Since I didn't take any pics today, here is one of my new business cards.

1 comment:

Gwenda said...

Oh, the business card... impressive!