Friday, March 19, 2010

Looking for the most satisfying tasks


I don't remember the early part of the day. I did start on e-mail, but then left it for my sewing room. I always think that if I deal with all the e-mail that comes my way (read the articles, listen to the audios, respond where required) I will feel some sense of satisfaction. But even on those relatively rare days when I am able to do that, the feeling falls short. There are always the 1500 e-mails from last year that didn't get dealt with. If I dealt with them, there would still be housework. If I dealt with that, there would still be sewing projects. If I dealt with them, well, there would be more of them - kind of like paperclips, or clotheshangers, or tribbles.
I worked on the floral quilt top. I took the center square out and replaced part of it with a dark green piece, then reinserted it. I also put two borders around it. It would be ready to quilt if I had a backing, but that requires 4 yards. I have it in muslin, but have been told that I SHOULD be using regular quilt fabric for my backings, like everybody else.
I also hemmed the blue dress. That was fun (hardly).
I decided not to take my supplements today because I have been having headaches lately, and thought I might be getting too much of something. I did not get a headache today, but have been constantly hungry. I guess my body misses them.
When Chris got home from work, he had a package for me. And he had already guessed that it was his birthday present by the return address. So much for the surprise of German mustard. At least he was able to confirm that it was the right flavor.
**Here is a pic taken at the 1920's luncheon in February**

No comments: