Friday, March 12, 2010

On my feet for fabric


After making the sandwich I went back to bed, but got up soon after when I remembered all the fabric waiting for me to wash. So I pulled it all out of the packages, divided it in half, and made two loads. I took out the first load while it was still a little damp and laid the pieces out on the bed to keep them smooth as I ironed them one at a time. I got the second load started and into the dryer. Then the phone rang. Toniette was ready to go to Dongdaemun, which we had planned to do in the afternoon. So I pulled the second load out a little earlier than I had planned. But it had just the right moisture for ironing. So I spread those pieces on top of the others and covered the stack to keep them damp until I returned. I grabbed the plastic sleeves from Tuesday's fabric and filled out a form for the SPC. Then Toniette called to say she would meet me at my gate. She and Cathy had gone to the SPC to get the fabric we wanted to exchange. So the three of us went to Dondaemun in Toniette's van. It was supposed to be a short visit (ha, ha, ha) so we parked in the expensive parking right next to the building. We hauled what turned out to be 55 yards of fabrics to Mr. Kang's place. The fabric rolls we picked to replace it measured 60 yards, but he didn't want the money for the extra 5 yards. Well, of course we bought fabric for ourselves. Then we looked around on the same floor for Steam-a-Seam but didn't find any. We proceeded to the basement for eye hooks and then on our way out spotted the Moda guy in a new, slightly bigger stall. So we stopped and shopped. Finally I remembered that we wanted 45mm rotary blades for the group. I remembered Tina buying them for 3000 won each, but couldn't find the exact place. But we did talk one guy down to 4000 won. I bought 10, but Cathy wanted 5 of them for the Arts and Crafts center. When we got back, she took 5 with her. I carried my personal fabric up to the apartment and prepared it to be washed. Cathy and Toniette took the group fabric over to the SPC. After all my fabric was washed I started pressing it. My legs got so tired, but I had to keep going in order to finish before it dried out. Cathy called to say that the AnC center wouldn't pay her until she produced the receipt (which I had saved for the group), so I scanned and e-mailed the file to her. Then I discovered that Chris had plugged in a crock pot of pork and onions. IT smelled heavenly! By the time he came home I was so hungry and tired. I took a little break then to talk to him, but had to get up and finish the last two pieces. By then Michele had come home and he stir-fried some broccoli. And we finally sat down to eat. It was as good as it smelled. Mmmmm.
Pictures wouldn't do it justice so I photographed my fabric purchases. Featured are my two favorites. One is a panel print and the other is a coordinating print.

No comments: