Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A taste of Dongdaemun

I slept in again until some sound woke me up. But it was alright since I had to answer the phone anyway:) I only had 30 minutes to eat and get over to the commissary to meet some friends for a trip to Dongdaemun. Once I walked to post, I drove the car over there even though it wasn't far, just to keep it running. Toniette drove us there. We walked from the engineers parking lot to the fabric complex. We worked our way up to the 5th floor, with me only buying 2 yards (of blue rayon). Maybe I shouldn't have since I ran out of money buying fabric from Mr. Kang. I spotted a roll of duck fabric that would make great baby quilts. The others agreed with me, so I called my husband to get someone in his office that speaks Korean to explain to Mr. Kang that we wanted that whole roll but didn't have that much money just then. He agreed to bring it to the luncheon next week. Then we went into the basement to look at thread and drapery material. I got a cone of white. I also took the attached movie. Then we stopped at a Korean restaurant for lunch. I was out of Korean money so Toniette paid for my share. Thanks, Toniette. AFter lunch we came back to post. We talked about going to a quilt show tomorrow, but I promised to go to the thrift shop. Maybe I can in an hour or so and then go to the quilt show.
I dropped Mary off at her place, then drove back to the gate. I don't know what was going on, but I had to park pretty far away. Back at the apartment I got on my computer. There was so much waiting for me. Michele got back about 3:30. She has now met all of her professors and seems fine with them. Chris came home and warmed up soup for supper. After supper I took a break from the computer to make a pillowcase for a QOV. You know, if I waited until my e-mail had all been dealt with, I would never get another thing done.



No comments: