Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Rolls and more rolls


I made his sandwich and stayed up to say goodbye. Michele woke up and asked if I had made her sandwich yet. She said that yesterday there wasn't enough jelly on it. So I explained that I had made that sandwich by mistake. It was supposed to be for her father who doesn't want much jelly, but it was on the wrong bread. I guess she thought I was going to make her sandwiches too.
I spent the morning in the usual ways, but also folded some laundry, swept up the dust, cleaned the sink, and took out the recyclables. I was late for the thrift shop but at least I could go without feeling like my work at home wasn't done. Chris e-mailed me a yellow dust advisory - amber alert. That means people with asthma should stay indoors, no heavy outdoor exertion, etc. So I called him to ask for a ride to the thrift shop and he said I'd be ok walking. But he gave me a ride anyway. At the thrift shop there were plenty of books, but all too soon I had them shelved and did a few other things too. So I only got 2.5 hours today. I walked home, feeling the dust in my eyes and mouth. Gritty. On the way I stopped at the Daiso store for a colander. It was small, but beggars can't be choosers. At home I had some lunch and cleared some e-mail. I started a batch of rolls to give to Annette's family tomorrow. When Chris got home, he saw the rolls. I baked them while we ate supper. I had him taste-test one. That's when he told me he didn't need a sandwich tomorrow because they were having a St. Patrick's Day lunch. (I know someone whose birthday is the day before St. Patrick's). And gee, could I make 2 batches of rolls for that? Well, of course. Took all evening 'cause I only brought one bread machine. In fact I am waiting for them to cool now. At the same time I am auditioning some classical music files to use with the Neuro software.
**I didn't take any pics today, so here is one from Tokyo**

No comments: