Monday, March 1, 2010

Showing off our exchange blocks


Because it is the first Monday of the month, instead of meeting at the SPC, we met at Cathi's house. Pam picked me up at the bus stop (I got to the gate early so I started walking). It was cold and rainy. I wished I hadn't removed the lining of my coat last week. I brought my kale chips in a bowl. We were the first ones to arrive. But soon we had a full circle of quilters talking and sharing quilted items and ideas. Most of us brought healthy foods, so I was able eat. The kale chips seemed to go over fairly well. After exchanging secret sister gifts, people trickled out. Several us stayed and talked until 3. Then Pam drove me to the gate. Back at the apartment I got on my computer to clear out e-mail. After Chris came home, I fell asleep for a short while until supper was ready. I needed that little rest because I had strained my back this morning pulling clothes from the basket to hang up. After supper I made time to read my book. I learned that juggling is a good brain exercise.

No comments: