Saturday, June 19, 2010

Baking day

This morning we found a new use for the big fluffy feather that I had bought for my hat. All I will say is that it is very relaxing. Then Chris and Michele played a game with the voices. I got up to make a double batch of fudge, and have breakfast. I spent a little time on the computer, first deleting the stuff that only required a quick skim, and saving the ones with interesting links for later. I had notes to myself jotted on some pieces of paper: things to look up on the internet. I eventually got everything crossed off that list. In doing so, I found myself ordering an ionizing toothbrush and a special substance with neem which is especially good for teeth. From another site I got snap-on ferrite beads, which are the small cylinders attached to computer cables. They prevent the electrical magnetic frequencies of the cord from interfering with the rest of the computer. I read that it will work on your cell phone head set to lessen the radiation your head gets. From Amazon I got a variety of seeds and a sprouting bag. I have never sprouted seeds in a bag before. But sprouts are very nutritious so I'll give it a try. Chris had to go to the airport to pick someone up, and while he was gone, I made a carrot cake for Father's Day. Actually, it was two cakes. I didn't have an 8x8 pan, so I used two 8x4 loaf pans. They seemed to take much longer than the required baking time. I took them out when the tops looked dark. Later in the evening I frosted them and topped them with pecans - Chris' favorite nut. But then he and Michele had some and they weren't fully baked inside. Sigh. I thought about taking one to the church picnic tomorrow. Now I don't know.

No comments: