Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Irregular Tuesday


Because it is Tuesday, I went to the thrift shop, only to find that no one else showed up, and there is a BIG pile of donations. I called Maryann on my cell phone and found out that she is at the beach, and no one is coming in today. Ha! If I had walked to the thrift shop, I would have been pissed. I left my car there, and walked to the DHL bank to get Julia a cashier's check. Then I went back home. Chris and his parents were there, eating lunch before going to the National History Museum. They left me alone (Michele was at college), so I made 2 more small pieces of orgonite. I used a Korean egg carton top for the mold and it was too small for any of my crystals, so I used the amethyst chips. I tried to get some sand from the playground, but it was more like small rocks than like regular sand. I searched the internet for cheaper crystals and metal powder. Chris and his parents returned just after 4 and started supper. I went to the Ichon subway station to meet Julia. She gave me the won equivalent of the cashier's check, and a Korean smiley scrubbie, and a bookmark. A very nice metalwork bookmark. We talked for awhile, then she went in search of food while I went home. Chris had made meatloaf, more butternut squash, and broccoli. After supper the others ate cake and ice cream and I ate a piece of my fudge. Chris and Michele opened their presents from Faye, which had just arrived. "Avatar" and "Sherlock Holmes". Cecily refused to watch either one as she had been told that they were too violent for her. Then Cecily and I took all the flowers out of the two vases, trimmed them, and then rearranged them, albeit a little shorter.
Then we all sat down to watch our movie star child act out the last scene in 'Doubt', playing the part Meryl Streep played, and doing an excellent job. It was a project from her film class, recorded on DVD. I see an "A" in her future. We ended the evening watching a Hornblower movie at Cecily's request, but she fell asleep.
I took one last look at e-mail and got a request from a friend for some emergency math. She is subbing in Algebra tomorrow. So I worked the problems and scanned them back to her. Poor Michele is now trying to sleep as I finish my blog.
I am not sure what is happening tomorrow. Chris made plans for the four of us to go somewhere historic for three days. I can't take my computer, but maybe I can get on his, if there is wi-fi.

No comments: