Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Dongdaemun - just because


One of the first things I did was to take down a panel of silk curtain to re-sew the paper clips on. But I found that they had rusted in the humidity so I replaced them. I had breakfast, and checked e-mail. I spent a fair amount of time searching the internet for the least toxic lip balm, shampoo, soap, and dryer sheets. Then Chris called to see if Michele and I wanted to go to lunch. So I showered (using the Dr. Bronners liquid soap - definitely needs diluting), and we took some boxes out to my car. We went to the DHL parking lot and met Chris and one of his coworkers. The four of us walked to DNM cafeteria for their Korean buffet. While eating, Kinjal called me to see if I wanted to go to E-Mart. We finished our meal, Michele and I went to the DHL for her to deposit a check. On the way out we saw spaghetti strap tops. Michele picked one out and I bought it for her. Then I dropped her off at our gate and drove to Gate19, from whence I walked to E-Mart. Kinjal was there and we found the bookstore we were looking for. They were selling tents and beetle farms as well. We wanted cutting mats, but the largest they had was 18 x 24. Then she wanted to go to Dongdaemun. So we took the subway there. We both got fabric, but she bought more. I also bought 2 yards of stiffener for the purse class tomorrow in case people don't bring their own, or get the wrong stuff.
She left first, then I bought a roll of batting and went back. In the Gate 19 subway station, a stall was selling fresh flowers. Since I didn't make it to Namdaemun flower market, I bought some in the subway. She wrapped them up very nicely with a ribbon, like it was a gift bouquet. I carried all my purchases to the car. I then drove to Burke towers to drop off the boxes for Annette, and I headed home. Chris and I arrived at the same time. He brought a note from Ms. Yi on how to ask if kimchi had MSG in it, in Korean. He mentioned that Ms. Yi never eats at MND cafeteria because of all the MSG the use. Just great. He made a chicken for supper, and watch more Tolkien movies. I spent the evening on my computer looking for natural and organic cleaning and personal hygiene products.
**I did take pics, will post them later**

No comments: