Saturday, June 26, 2010

An extra day at the thrift shop


I thought I was spending the day at home, but while fixing breakfast MaryAnn called to say that only she and Geri were there running the thrift shop and that she needed me. Her opening salvo was "How much do you love me?". How could I say no after that? So after breakfast with a quick check of e-mail (concurrent), Chris drove me to the thrift shop. While I got to work, he checked out the DVD section and bought 4 movies. Other people did come in, but she didn't want me to leave. I spent the day sorting donations into the save-and-price group, or the donate-to-charity group. Most stuff went into the donate group since we have SOOO much and so few people to tag and hang it. I pulled out a few things that I thought Michele might like. They agreed I could pay for it later after Michele decides if she likes my selections. I brought some lunch but 3pm came before I got hungry. Then we chased customers out of the store and cleaned up, counted money, etc. Chris came by to pick me up. He and Michele had been watching the movies he bought. We finished Lilo and Stitch, then put on Flashdance. I just had to get up and dance along. It's that kind of movie. Chris made bison burgers for supper, which were really good. For dessert he sliced up strawberries and poured on cream. Then I had to get back to my e-mail, and follow a few links. I learned that jumping into a lake or ocean is far more grounding than even walking barefoot on the earth, which is one of the best things you can do for inflammation and stress. And that the barefoot people on the beach are less at risk of sunburn than the people wearing sandals, etc. **I did not take any pics today, so here is one from class on Thursday**

No comments: