Sunday, June 13, 2010

Frying my brain over skillets

Sunday. Chris set his alarm for 8 so we could take the dogs out at their regularly scheduled time. Then we fed them, had our own breakfast, and got ready for church. Michele stayed home with the dogs. The sermon was about getting in touch with your feminine side (ie. right brain). We had snacks afterwards and went to Chris' office. He hand-cut the grass around the tomatoes in the back. Then we went to the commissary. Nothing special there, just groceries. We took them home and put them away. Around 1:30 I cut Chris' hair, and then we took the dogs for another walk. The walks are short once they do their business. Later in the afternoon we went to the PX to get small round batteries for the battery tester. Seems ironic to need batteries in order to test batteries. Anyway, we proceeded then to E-Mart for eggs and kimchi. We also looked at their skillets. I wanted a Visions, but they don't carry skillets in that brand. So I wrote down the names of all the brands they do have. Some are quite expensive. I looked them up on the internet and from what I read, they all have some sort of non-stick coating (Teflon), or are otherwise not the right thing. I literally spent the rest of the day looking up skillets. Most don't have lids, or are not oven safe, or won't say if they used 18/10 stainless steel. One item on Amazon looked perfect, but got bad reviews. We fed the dogs again at 6. They did not want to eat from the bowls, but would eat from my hand. When we had supper, they begged for people food. Sometime around 10 we played ball with them. One can catch the ball and hit it back. Her name should be Pele. Then Michele and I took them for a walk and put them to bed.

No comments: