Thursday, June 10, 2010

Some quilter I am, never got to the fabric


Chris got up early to go to work. This is his first full day of work since his parents came to visit. I tried to get up to make his sandwich, but just couldn't. I got up later and had breakfast, checked e-mail, etc. Then I grabbed some of the stuff for class tonight to put in the car and headed to the thrift shop. There weren't all that many books and videos to shelve, so I did some rearranging and pulling of old items. While I was there, the base commander came by to drop off three bags of fabric that his wife (a quilter) left for the quilt group. I put them in my trunk, but which car is mine? About 2:15, I left to go home. I carried one of the bags of fabric up to the apartment to look through it, but didn't get around to it. I checked more e-mail, and saw some Youtube videos on the cancer-curing effects of hemp oil. Then I grabbed the rest of my stuff for class, and headed for the SPC. I was early, but not early enough. A family was waiting for me. They are looking for someone to teach their daughter to sew even more than she already does. She showed me some things she has made. As we were talking, other people came in and distracted me. Finally they helped me set up tables, and left. Then some other people came in to talk to me and class was late getting started. I was hoping the class would finish making their kites, but they didn't. Too bad, 'cause next week Kinjal is teaching how to make a breastfeeding cover-up. After class, Chris picked me up. There was more e-mail to sift through, and a few links to follow. Since my broken skillet will not be replaced (or refunded), I researched Saladmaster, which a friend of mine recommended. It is made of 314 or surgical grade stainless steel. But golly gee, it is pricey. Opinons on the net were that there are other comparable brands on the market at a far lower price. It only took me several hours to read all of that, and I was surprised to see that it was after midnight when I finished reading just the one site. Now I am going to bed. Maybe I will get to post a pic in the morning. I already made a sandwich for tomorrow morning.

No comments: