Monday, June 21, 2010

Dongdaemun, for any reason

It's another quilting day and Cathy left me in charge while she and her family went on vacation. The day started well, because Lisa arrived before me to help set up. We figured it would be lightly attended because of people moving and people going on vacation. And we were right. Except about Cathy. Turns out their Korean hotel was so uncomfortable that they came back after only two days. There were four of us for lunch. I brought kimchi and fudge, others brought watermelon and salad and fried chicken. I also brought myself a hard boiled egg, just in case, and I did need it. After lunch we worked some more, finishing 10 baby quilts. Quite a record for so few of us. Cathy wanted to go to Dongdaemun after we cleaned up and I couldn't say no. There was no reason for me to go, nothing I needed, but I came home with a load of fabric anyway. Cathy got Minki at the booth seen here. Maybe I will wash mine up tomorrow with the last load I got from Dongdaemun. By the time we got back it was after 5 and I had to pick up my leftovers in Cathy's fridge. She showed me her projects in progress, and I made recommendations. Then we walked out together: her to the movies and me to my car. As an aside, there is a rumor going around that movies may no longer be provided for free. Eeks! And we may lose our longarm privileges. Double eeks! Both are money issues. Chris was at the movies when I got home, so I got leftovers for myself. I cleared e-mail and looked up sodium methyl sulfate (and other ingredients in my shampoo). There is a site for that called www.cosmeticsdatabase.com. It gives you the risk factor for each ingredient. And I thought I was doing so well with my organic shampoo! Taking a break from the computer, I did some vacuuming and cut charm squares. But now it's off to bed, off to bed...

No comments: