Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Busy day


My morning routine seemed to go faster this morning and I thought I might get to the thrift shop early. But I started searching the cosmetics database looking for a shampoo with a risk rating of 0 or 1 out of 10 (mine current one has a 6). Next thing I knew, it was 10:30. I had to rush to get to the thrift shop by 11. Luckily I was a bit early, which gave me time to go to the post office next door and mail two packages. But by the time I got the packages labeled, and waited in line, I was late. And there was a lot for me to do. Somebody dropped off a truckload of tapes, books, DVD's and CD's. Not only did I not have time to process them all, there wasn't room on the shelves. I did not get a lunch break. At 2 I ran out to the car and drove home. I was expecting Julia, but she was late, which gave me time to have lunch. I readied some fabric to be washed, then ran out to lead Julia in from the bus stop. She kept talking about her Brazilian Jujitsu class, and the men in it. We worked on her baby quilt tops, but didn't have the room to lay them out for sandwiching so I suggested she come to the SPC on Monday morning when we would have the large tables. I told her I would pick her up at Gate 17 at 9:15 and I could tell by the look on her face that that was not the time she would have picked. But, I have the keys and have to open the closet for the group so I have to be there on time. Anyway, I washed my fabric and her jujitsu top while we were sewing. She took it and her gi and we walked to the Seobinngo subway station. But when I mentioned that the train only ran every 20 minutes, she grabbed the nearest taxi to go to her next event. Chris came home soon after, and we had supper. He and Michele left to see a movie. I checked e-mail for awhile, then remembered that all my freshly washed fabric needed to be ironed dry. So I turned on the TV and happened to catch an episode of CSI while ironing. It was after 11 when I finished, so I decided just to make a quick post and go to bed.
P.S. Julia says there is MSG in kimchi. I have to check this out at E-Mart, because if it is true, I am really going to miss eating kimchi.

No comments: