Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Beaten by a knife sheath


After last night's meal, I could not drag myself out of bed until almost 11. That is not like me. I had breakfast, and e-mail. I read that 60% of dentists polled say that flossing is more important than brushing. So I flossed today. Donna sent me an e-mail with a pic in it of a hand that supposedly got caught in a paper shredder. I ran out of the room screaming. It was awful and I tried to expunge it from my memory. Michele suggested doing a puzzle, and I started one, but that did not seem to work. At 1:30 I showered and put on a nice top and pants. I drove to the Moyer Rec center for the Arts and Crafts awards ceremony. Chris showed up too, to support me. As it turns out, mine was the only quilt entered, but I didn't win. No, some man who made a sheath for a bowie knife won first place in the fibers category, and I came in second with just an honorable mention. What is wrong with this picture? Then Chris tells me that there is an Army wide contest ending on July 5th. So I went home and tried to enter it online. What an exercise in frustration! Just like entering this last contest. The site for entering the pics into the contest is not compatible with Firefox, and even in IE, it gives unhelpful messages - like "Your file upload did not complete". Then of course, everything you entered has been wiped out and you have to type it all back in to try again. No wonder so few people entered. Anyway, I went back to e-mail, Chris came home and cooked supper, Michele was on her computer as usual. I watched a few longarm videos that Cathy lent me. I want to finish them so I can return her DVD.
P.S. I also want my toolbar back. Something on that Army website stole it.

No comments: