Sunday, June 6, 2010

Wheel of Coupons


The morning started with a church service. Pastor Stan spoke and he was humorous. His subject was God's promises to us. We had snacks afterwards, then came home to change clothes and relax before walking into Itaewon. We went back to the Thai restaurant because Michele did not get to go the last time. The food was good, and, because we were so close to Paris Baguette, we stopped there to get another cake to take home. This one was a blueberry yogurt cake. We got back around 2:30. I mended Chris' shirt, and started in on his jeans. Then my sewing student Amy arrived. She has already shipped her car to the U.S. in anticipation of moving back, so she came on her bike. She brought some of her daughters clothes so we could make her a dress for a play. I drafted a pattern and we cut it out, and sewed it together. We did not have time to hem it as she had only 2 hours to spare. After she left, I walked into Itaewon to meet Julia. She'd had a bad day, and wanted to talk. We got kabobs at a stand, and then went to Cold Stone. They had a wheel you could spin to win coupons. So we did. She got a free brownie, and I got a buy one get one free tea or coffee. It was busy so we sat in the window. From there we could see that the back of the wheel was weighted. Ha! We talked, played a round of banangram (kinda like Scrabble), and did a nanogram together. Then she had to leave. I walked back, calling Chris to let him know I was on my way. After I got home, I called Julia to let her know I hadn't been abducted (apparently some women have been). If I had been abducted, I would have taken pictures so you all could share in the experience.

No comments: